Saturday, November 11, 2006

Creative Hiatus?

Creative Hiatus?

I've recently lost my oomph for painting. But, I've lost a lot of oomph in general. I'm nearly seven months pregnant, and it sounds cheesy, but I think my creative energy is sapped. My body is focused on baby-making. Which translates to a lot of eating and sleeping in whatever free time I have.

Today I had my first art inspiration in months. I received an email inquiry from a New York gallery, asking if I'd like to be listed on their site, in exchange for a mutual link.

The words "New York gallery" carry a certain weight and excitement with them (although many aruge that's overblown). And to be clear here-- I'm talking about an online link, not an actual presence in the gallery.

But still... I said sure, and spent some time today updating my website, particularly my links page.

In truth, I'm not familiar with Agora Gallery, but their site seems to have some interesting artwork. I'm listed here: http://www.agora-gallery.com/Links/ThemeDetails-Theme-Cubism.aspx.

It wasn't the equivalent of diving back in with my brush and paints, but at least I spent some time thinking about my art and tweaking my website. And it's the first time I've written here in some time-- it's the first miniscule update I've had to share!

The thought of painting and creating has at least crossed my mind a few times in recent weeks. Maybe I'll get enough energy to actually DO something. But, for now, coming close was pretty fun.

In the meantime, here's a view of the current creation underway:

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Kathleen Cavender and Mark Ritter said...

Congrats on the baby. Your creative juices will explode once again after birth and you will find yourself even diving deeper.

As for Agora...they seem to be a fairly agressive linking system for artists on the Internet. I've had some good things come of it.

Enjoying your blog.
Kathleen (www.kathleencavender.com and cavenderartstudio.blogspot.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home