Sunday, October 09, 2005

Always Take Time for Art

I was on duty today as docent for the Peninsula Museum of Art (www.peninsulamuseum.org) and had the pleasure of several appreciate visitors coming in. As a volunteer docent (something I began last month), I welcome folks and explain a bit about the current exhibit.


Photo: Vistors and clock inside Musée D'Orsay in Paris.

One fellow came in just as I was about to close up, but I decided to stay a few minutes to give him a chance to look around. He had been walking around while his car was being serviced, and he seemed so pleased to have come upon the museum.

A woman and her teenage son also came in today. When I asked if they'd been in before, she said no, they'd just been in the area and spotted the museum.

She said with a smile, and almost a giggle: "And we always make time to look at art."

Good thinking. Me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home