Sunday, October 16, 2005

Art Everyday, Everywhere

Art Everyday, Everywhere

As I've become more immersed in my artwork, I'm spinning with ideas -- which is exciting and dizzying (and also tiring). I see art nearly everywhere. In the endless shapes and colors around me. In people's faces. In pine needles. In computer components. In visual pictures I form while listening to certain songs. Even in the trash alongside the freeway.

Apparently, the clothing company Banana Republic has been thinking the same thing. In the midst of all their ads, you'll find the url, www.findtheartintheeveryday.com. When I saw that, I thought, "Yeah, that's what I've been thinking!" Turns out their idea is a little different than mine, but it's still a cool little video. The image above is a cut from a video where people come out of a building to form different shapes while the tune 'Mad World' plays.

This art video is contrived vs. really being 'everyday,' and it's been created for a commercial advertising campaign at that, so it's not quite the spirit of what I had in mind.

But I still love the thought. There is art in the everyday.

My challenge as an artist is to take all those spinning thoughts and inputs, and soak it all up. And to dive in and start creating from all that inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home